Conducting a job search is no small undertaking. There is a lot to do and a lot to keep track of. Moreover, it could take months before you actually land a good position.
Therefore, it’s important to get yourself organized so you can conduct the search as efficiently and effectively as possible. You need to make a plan and stick to it if you want to land that job.
How should you go about getting organized? Here are a few tips.
- Set goals. You need to determine what you want to accomplish and how long it should take. Be sure to write it all down. For example, how many networking contacts do you want to make each week? How many resumes do you want to send out each week? How many companies do you want to research?
- Set priorities There are only so many hours in a day, so you need to figure out which tasks are the most important and focus your energy on them. These tasks should be the ones you do at the beginning of the day, when you have the most energy.
- It has been said that hunting for a job should be a full-time job, and you need to treat it that way. When you are in the thick of a job search, you need to devote your complete attention to it. Save other activities for later – things such as checking email, browsing on your smartphone or other electronic devices, doing errands, or socializing.
- Have the right equipment. Today’s job hunters have a tremendous advantage over those in the past because of information technology. There are many different websites available to help people with job searches: use them. There are excellent healthcare recruiting firms out there, such as Team1Medical, to help with your job search. Take advantage of and leverage your recruiting firm’s job board, making sure to keep your profile updated and your most current resume always uploaded.
- Go Social. Social media is a great way to keep up with target companies and show off your skills. Many companies use social media as a recruiting tool. Follow industry leaders and your recruiting firm on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Make time daily to engage (professionally) to make yourself stand out.
- Make a daily schedule. Set up a game plan for each day outlining what you are going to do and when you are going to do it so that you get into a regular daily schedule.
With more than 20 years of experience in healthcare staffing, Team1Medical Staffing is now one of the top medical recruiting firms in the Greater Houston area. We deliver top-flight service and reliability. We are known for our professionalism, are passionate about what we do, and it shows in our work.
No matter what your healthcare background, we can assist you in furthering your career in the medical field, allowing you to control your own schedule, and working with you in finding the right opportunity. Call 713-590-2980 or apply online today, and find out why we have earned our reputation as one of the best.