From now until April 18th, the staff at Team1Medical will be raising money in support of the Epilepsy Foundation Texas’ continued efforts to ensure that our friends, family members and neighbors living with epilepsy are able to receive the proper care and opportunities they deserve.
This year, staff, friends, and relatives of Team1Medical and ExecuTeam have committed to participate the 2020 Walk to END EPILEPSY on Saturday, April 18, 2020 at the Houston Zoo.
The Epilepsy Foundation leads the fight to overcome the challenges of living with epilepsy and accelerates therapies to stop seizures, find cures, and save lives. The Epilepsy Foundation serves 176 of 254 counties in Texas with their regional offices right here in Houston!
Team1Medical’s goal is to raise at least $500 for the Foundation and they are already halfway there!
Monies raised will help provide:
- The opportunity for over 300 children & teens to attend summer camp;
- Tools and resources to educate school children and personnel with proper seizure recognition and first aid;
- Diagnostic testing, medication and specialized medical care to over 1,200 patients at their clinic sites;
- Support groups, art therapy and health and wellness programs.
Why Do We Walk?
- 1 IN 10 will have a SEIZURE in their lifetime
- 1 IN 26 will be DIAGNOSED with EPILEPSY
- 3.4 MIL individuals nationwide are AFFECTED by EPILEPSY
- 10x LESS FUNDING than other brain disorders
Consider joining the cause to help Epilepsy Foundation Texas in their mission to END EPILEPSY. Donate today.
Leave a Reply